Your Role
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Order Academy

Go down

Black Order Academy Empty Black Order Academy

Post by sailorstar165 Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:24 pm

Chapter 1: First Day
Allen dashed through the crowded streets, cursing himself quietly as he ran. His first day of school, and he was going to be late! If it weren't for Timcanpy, who was clinging to his head, he'd have slept through the entire morning.

People stared and whispered as he passed in his rush. Allen didn't have time to feel self conscious about his snow white hair or the large scar over his left eye. Why me? Allen thought as he passed a small café. He hadn't had time to eat breakfast, and he was starving.

He slowed at last to catch his breath. “Just... in time...” he breathed heavily. He heard some giggling and looked around.

Just outside of the Black Order Academy stood a gaggle of girls, each whispering to each other and pointing right at him. Allen felt himself blushing, knowing they were laughing at his hair. Still, he walked forward, trying to ignore everyone.

All the people around were wearing tan uniforms, the men wearing suits and the women wearing blazers. Both types of uniforms had a large silver rose cross embroidered on the jackets. Allen looked down on his own clothes, a simple vest over a plain white long-sleeved shirt. He really stood out.

WHAM! Allen fell back. “Ah! Sorry!” he said quickly. “I wasn't looking where I was going.”

The person he'd run into was tall, wearing a black coat with the silver rose cross embroidered onto it. The man was much taller than Allen and glared coldly with his dark eyes. His long blue hair was pulled back.

“You'd better be sorry!” said the man next to the tall one. He also wore a black jacket, but his had a hood with a bell attached to the end. “Getting lost and bumping into Kanda! Man, you must be the most unlucky kid ever!”

A young girl with a cascade of blond hair tapped both of them on their shoulders. “Daisya, Kanda, the bell will ring in twenty seconds and counting,” she said, with a sweet smile. “Please get to class.”

“All right, Lala!” Daisya said, pushing Kanda toward the huge building. “We'll hurry up.”

The girl frowned after them, and turned back to Allen. “You must be Allen Walker,” she said, offering a hand to stand up. Allen gratefully took it. “I'm Lala, the doll in charge of musical instruments and new students.” She signaled for him to follow her into the building. “This way, please.”

The hallways for the school were crowded with students running to their classes since the first bell had rung. They all parted for Lala, and unlike when he'd arrived, most didn't stare at Allen. There were a few people here and there wearing a black uniform, but the majority was in tan. Confused, he asked Lala.

“The ones in tan are the 'Finder' class students—they're the regular everyday students. The ones in black are the 'Exorcist' class students—the more talented students, like yourself.”

Allen froze. “I'm an Exorcist class student?”

“Exorcist for short, but yes,” Lala said with a nod. “Didn't anybody tell you?”

“No,” replied Allen, shaking his head. “I only got a letter in the mail from someone named Komui Lee that I was accepted.”

Lala sighed. “That would be the principal. He's a bit forgetful. Speaking of principal,” she said, stopping in front of a door. She opened it and poked her head in. “65, is Komui in?”

The ghost thing with the number 65 on his head looked up from the papers he'd been sorting. “He went out for something, but should be back soon. Is that the new Exorcist? He should meet Hevlaska, since Komui's not here yet.”

Allen entered after Lala. The office was warm, and the strong scent of coffee hung in the air. Confused, Allen glanced around for the other person. There was no one else in the office besides himself, Lala, and '65'. There were a few doors, though, and he figured she had to be through one of them.

Lala walked toward the closest one. “This way, Allen Walker.”

The room inside was huge and dark. They were standing on a metal balcony that overlooked what seemed to be a large, bottomless pit. A girl not much older than Allen stood on the edge, leaning on the rail. She turned when Lala shut the door, revealing her black coat and rose cross. Unlike the other students, she wore a short skirt and knee-high black boots.

“Are you Hevlaska?” Allen asked, surprised. He'd been thinking Hevlaska was a teacher or a secretary, not a student.

The girl giggled. “No, of course not! My name is Lenalee Lee, the principal's younger sister. You must be Allen Walker, then.”

“You can just call me Allen,” he said, a little embarrassed. Everyone at this school seemed to be very formal.

The girl turned back to the emptiness. “You can call me Lenalee, then. Hevlaska! The new student's here!”

A light shone from below, and a huge monster appeared. Allen almost fell backward at the site of the giant, glowing white being.

“It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Walker,” said the creature. She smiled sweetly. “I am Hevlaska, the counselor at Black Order Academy.”

Lenalee took Allen's arm and led him closer to the creature. “I know what you're thinking already,” she said, her smile still bright. “Hevlaska's not human, but she's not a monster either.”

A ghostly, hand-like appendage appeared before Allen. Nervously, Allen took Hevlaska's hand and shook it. The hand disappeared and Hevlaska said, “Komui's returned. He should get measured for his uniform.”

Lala opened the door and ushered Allen out of the room. Standing in the room was a tall man with dark purple hair and a strange white hat. He was wearing a white lab coat with the silver cross. “Does everything in this school have that cross?” Allen asked.

The man, Komui, grinned and shifted his glasses higher up his nose. “That's correct. Black Order Academy's symbol is a rose cross.” He turned to a shorter man with messy blond hair who was also wearing a lab coat. “Reever, get his measurements for his uniform. I'm going to get coffee.”

“Oh no you don't!” Reever shouted, grabbing the back of Komui's collar. “I have to get to a class, remember? You have time! I just came to make sure I didn't have to drag you here again like every other Monday!” Grumbling to himself, Reever let go of Komui and trudged out of the room.

“Wasn't he rude,” Komui commented. Lala, 65, and Lenalee all rolled their eyes, but didn't reply. “65! You don't seem busy.”

65 was obviously busy organizing something, but put it down to retrieve some measuring tape from a draw behind the desk. He tossed another to Lala, and they set to work measuring Allen for his uniform.

“Anything in particular you'd like on your uniform?” 65 inquired as he measured Allen's arm for sleeves. “The only requirements are that the uniform is black and has a rose cross. The style is up to you.”

“Well...” Allen thought for a moment. “Could I have a hood and wear gloves?”

“Certainly,” Lala replied. “Daisya has a hood. Just don't wear it up during class.”

“Why gloves?” 65 asked, measuring Allen's shoulders.

Allen tensed up, and said, “I just... like gloves. That's all.”

“That should be all,” Komui said, leaning on his desk. His hand brushed some of the multitudes of paper strewn about, which he picked up. “Oh! Here's your schedule, Allen. Lenalee, you'll be showing him around the school for the day. All of your tardies will be excused.”

Lenalee nodded and took Allen's hand. “Let's hurry. You shouldn't be late your first day.” She rushed out with Allen in tow. “So what's your first class, Allen?”

Allen looked at the crumpled paper in his hand. “Chemistry,” he replied. “It says my teacher is Mr. Reever.”

Lenalee smiled. “Then we have first period together. How lucky!”

“Um... Could you let go of my hand?” Allen inquired, embarrassed.

She turned to him, perplexed for a moment, and then she realized that she was, in fact, holding his hand. “Oh, I'm sorry!” she said, letting go. “I didn't realize I was doing it!” She pointed to the room they stood before. “This is the Chemistry lab,” she said quickly.

A student with bright red hair ran straight into Allen. “Whoops! Sorry!” he said, grinning. He went around Allen and walked into the room.
“Lavi! You're late!” shouted Reever, irritated.

“Sorry Teach!” Lavi replied, sitting down in his desk. “They're late too!”

Allen glanced around and saw all eyes on him. Lenalee gave him an encouraging pat on the shoulder and moved past him to her seat a few desks away.

“Class, we have a new student,” Reever said, gesturing for Allen to come to the front of the room. “Tell the class a little about yourself.”

Allen quickly introduced himself, but was at a loss of words as to what to say otherwise. He could feel everyone's eyes on his scar, and it took all his control not to cover it with his hand. Reever nudged him to say more, but he was frozen.

“Well, do we have any questions for Allen?” Reever asked the class.

Lavi raised his hand. “How old are you?”

“Fifteen,” Allen replied.

Other people, mostly Finders, asked questions as well. No one asked about the scar, but he knew everyone was curious and just being polite. He'd be bombarded by questions when out of the teacher's earshot.

He sat down at the desk Reever pointed out. No sooner had he sat down did the Finders around him turn and ask about his hair and scar. He wished he could just disappear.

“Leave him alone,” Lenalee said quietly from a few desks away. All the Finders looked at her and fell silent as Reever started the lesson. It would be a very long day...

Last edited by sailorstar165 on Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
sailorstar165
sailorstar165
Almighty Mod

Female
Number of posts : 6655
Quote : Yeah, I'm that awesome.
Registration date : 2008-07-10

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Black Order Academy Empty Re: Black Order Academy

Post by sailorstar165 Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:23 pm

To read the rest, click here