Your Role
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

***ATTENTION***

+2
Gold Chocobo
love4Sora
6 posters

Go down

***ATTENTION*** Empty ***ATTENTION***

Post by love4Sora Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:38 pm

First off, I want to apologize to all of Your Role's most recent members about all the confusion that has been going on for the past two days. Many changes were being made, as you can all probably tell.

Nonetheless:

On July 8th, 2008 I created this forum. I worked on creating this site for numerous straight hours in a matter of about a week, and I was quite proud of my work once it was completed. My intentions were to have many people join role play when ever they wanted, as much as they wanted. It was going very well, and this pleased me very much. Of course, I couldn't run this entire site by myself! So I had a couple people help me run it along the way. After about a year and a half, however, I left.

I will tell all of you now: I left this site for various personal reasons. I can assure you that I never wanted to leave, not in the least. But once again, I have my own reasons for doing so. But it has come to my complete attention that quite a few users on Your Role believe that something needs to be done about the changes that have been occurring since my absence.

I am the creator of this forum, and I am the one who should be making the major changes. As of now, the only real Administrator on Your Role is myself. I have appointed the members who I seem to be fit as Moderators.

I know one issue is the color scheme. Although I would like to stick with my current changes for a little while, I decided that we will have contests for new banners from time-to-time. Those who wish to participate will have to make a banner in a certain amount of time. Once they are all completed and posted, the active members of the forum will vote on which one they like the most, and the winner will have their banner posted as Your Role's current banner for a given period of time. Seem fair? I think so.

The role-playing rules have not changed in the least, so do not worry about them.

This is my forum, and my creation overall. If anyone complains, breaks my rules repeatedly, and/or tries to override any of my desicions and regulations, I will not tolerate it, nor will I show mercy. I have worried and wondered about Your Role far too often before and during my absence, and I do not wish to deal with those mind-boggling worries any longer. So, I came up with a simple solution:
If anyone break my rules, I will give them three chances as it is stated in the original set of rules. If anyone makes me angry three times in one month, they're account will be banned for one week. Annoy me further, and I will personally delete their account. Whether the person is a good friend of mine, or if I've only ever spoken with them through this forum, I will delete that person's account without struggle if this problem arises once again.

I'm sorry that things have to be this way, I really am. But I did not like where Your Role was heading, and I think it's about time that I take back control over what is rightfully mine. I brought this forum to life, and I can surely end it if it truly comes down to it. I will assure all of you that I have no intentions of deleting this forum, but I was simply just stating fact.

As the creator, I have the final word. So what I say goes, and that is final.

~ love4Sora
love4Sora
love4Sora
Creator

Female
Number of posts : 3094
Quote : Don't mock the Lion King. ~ Myself
Registration date : 2008-07-08

http://myanimelist.net/profile/love4Sora

Back to top Go down

***ATTENTION*** Empty Re: ***ATTENTION***

Post by Gold Chocobo Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:57 am

Good for you Sora, (: I'm glad your back and I know you'll do what's best for the site, always.
Gold Chocobo
Gold Chocobo
Almighty Mod

Female
Number of posts : 4928
Quote : Dead inside, My heart and soul flatlines! Put your mouth on mine...and bring me back to life!
Registration date : 2009-10-12

http://setsuaiburninglove.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:34 am

I have nothing to say. Anything I saw will be used against me. You will demote me further if I disagree with you. I know it will happen. So I have nothing to say. Nothing at all.

Congrats Sora, you've won.
sailorstar165
sailorstar165
Almighty Mod

Female
Number of posts : 6655
Quote : Yeah, I'm that awesome.
Registration date : 2008-07-10

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by xTwilightxAngelx Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:59 am

To those who have joined in the past few months, allow me to introduce myself: I am Twilight (aka Tyki) one of the original mods of this site. I too apologize for my absence off of this site. The reason I have been absent stems from being away at college and being bogged down with homework from time to time. However, the bigger reason I left were similar to Sora's, and since Sora, Sailor and I were the 3 biggest mods on this site, you could say this site went under new management when we defected which changed alot.

I too found a lot of enjoyment out of this little forum and did not wish to leave. This was a creative outlet for me to get into writing moods and my own personal window to chat with friends without buggy and advertised filled systems like myspace, facebook, AIM and skype. However, lack of poster interest, conflicts of control and my own personal workload forced me off of this site. I hear a lot of things have gone wrong in the time Sora and I gave management to this site to Sailor and we are here to amend that.

Allow me though to lighten the blow of Sora's Ban hammer. This place has had its quarrels over power but we're not trying to be dictatorial about anything, this is a democracy in the oldest of terms. But conflicts of new interest have led us to act this way. Once the old ways are reestablished, things will return to normal and everything will calm down. We do not have a vendetta against Sailor but we did believe that Sailor had stepped out of bounds and began waving the flag of imperialism and dictatorship around the site, which was something Sora and I could not deal with.

In lamest terms: we still respect your opinions Sailor, but you need to consider what's good for the Forum as a whole, not just what YOU think is good for the Forum.

Now, allow me to hit down with my own ban hammer. I've heard word that some of the new users have not been following the Rules of Roleplaying, such as posting a succession of one liners. As with Sora, I will not tolerate disobedience to the basic rules of the forum: YOU WILL FOLLOW OUR GUIDELINES, WE WILL NOT FOLLOW YOURS! granted we, as Mods, need to be professional about dealing with rule breakers but trust me that if you f*** up on here you will be hunted down by one of us. We only have rules to establish order and make things run smoother; we want people to have fun on this site without agrivations like short posts, illiterate posts, and posts containing profound content

I apologize again for my absence. It will take me some time to get back in the swing of things but I will be on periodically if only to help reinforce the reestablished the way of things.

Last edited by xTwilightxAngelx on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
xTwilightxAngelx
xTwilightxAngelx
Almighty Mod

Male
Number of posts : 2633
Quote : After all, I'm just one Hell of a butler
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://twilightchaser417.deviantart.com/art/LOVELESS-Crisis-Core

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:44 pm

@ Sailor

This was not a contest of seeing who has the most power. Nobody has won or anything. Like Twilight said, it was all for the Website and what is best for the website. Please do not say you can't be on as much, beacuse we would all much like you pto continue posting, and we all know you are saying that because you are upset. You shouldn't be that way. This was Sora's website to begin with, and she was ready to take it back.

Please don't stop posting. =]

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime_Jazz Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:34 pm

Let me begin by saying that I am disappointed by all of you. You treated this whole event in a very childish manner and I mean this to ALL of you. This is meant to be fun for everyone isn't it? Well two people here are not having fun with this load of BS. Before you start blaming all of your problems on someone, first blame yourselves as you all could have made this as civil as possible. The fact that you tried this first shows how much you have left to mature.
Sincerely,
Anime_Jazz
Anime_Jazz
Anime_Jazz
Role Player

Male
Number of posts : 40
Quote : F-ing n00bs dood
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by xTwilightxAngelx Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:20 am

Excuse me? we are being childish? allow me to illuminate the situation for everyone okay?

this all started back in the summer of 2009. Prior to this incident, sora was acknowledged as the creator and leader of the forum, sora, sailor and I were the three biggest leaders at the time and all was right with the world. come july, we all met at a round table meeting to try to increase the posting and user interest in the cites. Sailor started throwing around ideas of advertising the site on other sites and changing the appearance of the forum to attract people. We declined some of these ideas because the basic structure of the format was set as a standard from the forum host, the color scheme was already appealing to the eye and the amount of effort and money to advertise this site was too costly when to get a huge number of people to this site has to be done in droves because a roleplayer won't defect to another roleplaying site unless he has friends with him/her. Sailor interpreted our decision as not listening to her ideas when in actuality, our side of the argument was based on facts and common sense.

From there everything went down hill. Sailor pushed for more changes which ended up pushing out a number of members, including sora and I. We gave sailor the title of forum leader to sailor so that sora and I could have time to rethink what we wanted for the forum. We did not GIVE the forum to her, we let her have control DURING SORA'S ABSENCE. Sora had made it clear that she would eventually return and take over as the rightful owner of this forum once again; However, that fact was duly forgotten since sailor DELETED that post explaining that fact when sora SPECIFICALLY not to delete it.

Since we gave her power, Sora noticed how the site has been going down hill since then. We have heard stories about how sailor has pushed users away unprofessionally and uncivilly because they were not following HER rules. Sora then decided it was high time she took the site back. There was no room for a quote unquote "civil" debate about this because all of the power had gone to sailor's head and she would not cooperate by once again, claiming that we weren't listening to her ideas. and for the record jazz, I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS DECISION. I ONLY BECAME AWARE OF ALL OF THIS ABOUT 2 DAYS AGO!!!! I agreed to assist Sora stand her ground and take back what was originally hers. And frankly, the two of us were not the only ones who thought this way and they supported SORA'S decision as well; no one told her to do this, she decided this all on her own.

Also, to dispute Sailor's claim that she had gotten more members in the time we've been gone than in the 2 years sora had the site. there are currently 84 member so of this site, both sora and I left sometime around December of 2009. since that date, there have only been 24 new members, 8 of which have never posted, 17 of which have not even made 10 posts which suggests that they haven't been active in ANY roleplay. 24 is a smaller number than 60 thank you very much miss AP student.

And to answer my own question from the beginning of this post, Instead of acting civil and realizing the gravity of the situation, your sister's response to all of this is leaving the forum (misinterpreting that her demotion of forum leader to mod is actually just a realignment of leadership and not that we're kicking her off of the site) and going to create another forum, which is basically sending the message, "I don't wanna share this toy with you, so I'm going to go make my own toy so i don't have to share with you." Also, what kind of response to all of this is, "Only I pick on my little sister."? For one, we're not picking on her, we're trying to get back what originally belong to Sora. Secondly, you too are sending a message of, "This is my toy, you're not allowed to play with it."

If that's not childish, I don't know what the fuck is.

On another side note jazz, my policy is NOT my way or the highway. I will gladly listen to and accept recommendations for improvement or new ideas entirely IF AND ONLY IF, they make more sense than my idea. I will admit that I do and will make mistakes. If someone can prove me wrong, i will admit. Sailor (I would say you but I know sailor is specifically using you as an attack dog), is misunderstanding my methods because of the fact that the ideas of her's that I have rejected either did not make more sense than mine, or the idea itself had unstable logic behind it; I will not agree to an idea that I do not believe will work, plain as that.
xTwilightxAngelx
xTwilightxAngelx
Almighty Mod

Male
Number of posts : 2633
Quote : After all, I'm just one Hell of a butler
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://twilightchaser417.deviantart.com/art/LOVELESS-Crisis-Core

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime_Jazz Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:26 am

First off, holding a grudge from 2009 is one the most childish things I've ever heard of. Also the fact that she is my little sister is not the point of the matter, you still left a member, least i remind you one you called friend, out to no man's land to die by essentially telling her "You did all of this for nothing" when you changed everything. TWO DAMNED YEARS WASTED like that, I would be pissed off too and rightly so.
I will like to mention that you guys abandoned the damn site and GAVE SAILOR HER ABSOLUTE POWER and created her reign!
As Sora stated beautifully when i talked to her earlier when i told her to think of all of this in sailor's shoes when you hostilely took over the site.
Sora: "would [I] be upset? of course i would be"
If you treat your friends like this, I would hate to see how you treat your enemies.

And this whole Rebellion thing? You Sora are the creator, you don't have to do a rebellion, and its not that hard to tell Sailor, "Hey I want full control of my site back" you could easily do that via PM or even by emailing her. what are you kindergartners trying to be trying to seize a toy you left in the dust?
Twilight:
the fact you bring up my relations to sailor on an open forum is proof of your that your the biggest child (i have another word I wanted to use but that is not allowed) on the forum.

Also lets remind that in 2 years from my view point, you guys did nothing, absolutely nothing. Before, sailor, you and Sora were actively recruiting and were active in the RPs (quite a few of them). So what do you think happens when the two that were in almost all the RPs just packed up and left? People got frustrated that no one was in the RPs and stopped coming to this site, these people will never come back because of your antics. So having nearly half your number in the same time it took to get 60 shows how much she has tried recruited during the your absences (Aside from the fact that you guys should have sat down and talked to her in the first place)

Also you two know how sailor is. ESPECIALLY YOU TWILIGHT, you act almost exactly the same.

This site is not my "toy" and i never thought of it as such. If you people treat it as such then your no worse then a child.
And lastly, I don't give a rat's ass about this site, what I do care about is how you took over. For all i care it can burn in the deepest depths of hell. And i remember stating this when i first joined (which Sora so wanted at the time), which was under Sora's enabling of your rule! Which i got sick of and left.

So, I believe that i said in my post was that EVERYONE was a disappointment in my eyes. You all, including myself are being children here. so IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT TWILIGHT DEAL WITH IT.
Anime_Jazz
Anime_Jazz
Role Player

Male
Number of posts : 40
Quote : F-ing n00bs dood
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:27 am

Wow, you guys, just wow. I say we all just let it rest. Sailor left, I tried to get her to stay, but she wouldn't. It was her decision to leave, (and it was a stupid one.) I say we stop for now, and all of us quit bickering at who did what and who hurt whose feelings. Its a website for christ's sake. I will admit, I was with Sora from the beginning, but this should not have been blown out of proportions. It was a leadership change and that is all. Need a I remind you, its a website also. Now if someone did something relatively like this in the outside world, I see the full potential of a fight, but not on a roleplaying forum.

Just stop your fighting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:46 am

Fighting isn't going to solve anything. She left and made her own site, so there's no point in fighting anymore. Drop it.
Gold Chocobo
Gold Chocobo
Almighty Mod

Female
Number of posts : 4928
Quote : Dead inside, My heart and soul flatlines! Put your mouth on mine...and bring me back to life!
Registration date : 2009-10-12

http://setsuaiburninglove.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by xxju_chanxx Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:35 am

I've only been talking to Sailor again for about a month after losing contact with her for over a year and a half. She seemed really upset yesterday and kind of told me what was going on, so I figured I would come on here and get everyone elses side of the story.

First, I believe that Sora does have every right to take the site back. She created it. However, was this discussed with Sailor prior to this thread being posted? Now I haven't been on this site in two years for various reasons, so I don't know what Sailor has been doing to anger everyone. However, I find it unfair to all of sudden take over and basically attack Sailor, saying that she has done a horrible job.

What irritates me most is the fact that you all asked her stay after attacking her like you all did. It's not right. I can see why she wanted to leave. This situation could have been handled a lot better than it was.
xxju_chanxx
xxju_chanxx
Role Player

Female
Number of posts : 13
Quote : Insanity takes its toll. Please have exact change ready....
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:31 am

It could have, but nothing can be done about it, thus why I say this continuous fighting isn't necessary. I am sorry for this to happen against sailor, but I can say, that no one has ill will against her as a person. They just didn't like the way she was doing things with the site. I've heard numerous stories on how people saw her as a dictator of the site, I never witnessed such a thing, but when hearing it from ten or more people made me think. I have absolutely nothing against sailor, she is a very good friend of mine, I am not choosing sides over this nonsense. What is done is done. A decision was made, and we can't do anything about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by love4Sora Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:21 pm

What's done is done, & there doesn't seem to be of any way to make it right for everyone. I find that sad, but we'll all live.

Nonetheless, I'll lock this so no one can argue anymore, or at least not through this thread.

If anyone would want to continue the argument for whatever reason I have no idea why, do it via PMs or outside the forum. Preferably outside.

Thank you, & things will be settling & calming down in the next few days.
love4Sora
love4Sora
Creator

Female
Number of posts : 3094
Quote : Don't mock the Lion King. ~ Myself
Registration date : 2008-07-08

http://myanimelist.net/profile/love4Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content