Your Role
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Humble Request from a Mod...

3 posters

Go down

Humble Request from a Mod... Empty Humble Request from a Mod...

Post by sailorstar165 Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:49 pm

Please don't be angry with me. It's just a request that you don't have to comply with if you don't feel like it.

I've recently gotten complaints from some members (who shall remain anonymous) about how crazy the site is getting. Being active is a good thing, and while no one has been disrespectful to other members, I've noticed a lack of courtesy in posting. It's not that anyone's being mean or rude; it's that people seem to forget there are other members involved in the RP.

The best example is the High School roleplay. While it's great that there are a bunch of active people posting and having a good time, I've noticed that those active people seem to be forgetting about the less active members and post a million times. The problem is that the less active people get lost in pages and pages of posts and when they finally get caught up, there's another dozen pages to sort through.

My request is this:

If you notice someone hasn't posted for a page in the RP when they're involved in whatever is going on at the moment, could you hold up and give them a chance to catch up?

And for those who don't think it's a problem, I have experienced it myself. I log off and then log in the next day and find that I'm two pages behind in a roleplay because no one thought to hold up for little ol' me. Just imagine what it's like for the other people who can only get on once or twice a week.

So I ask, just hold up a moment if it's possible for the person(s) to catch up.

Can you all do that? Please?
sailorstar165
sailorstar165
Almighty Mod

Female
Number of posts : 6655
Quote : Yeah, I'm that awesome.
Registration date : 2008-07-10

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Humble Request from a Mod... Empty Humble Request Part 2

Post by sailorstar165 Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:52 pm

While I understand that one-lined posts happen on occasion, I've recently noticed that many are posting back and forth only one liners that can go on for pages without interuption. Not only does that blatantly ignore the above request, but it also is very rude to other members, leaving them with no chance to break into the conversation or the action until those involved in the one-liners choose to do so.

My request: Avoid one-lined posts in Role-Plays. It's better to have less posts in a roleplay that actually have some meaning and importance than a bunch of mindless, pointless one-linded posts that go back and forth for all eternity. While I understand they happen on occasion (answering questions, etc.), it's better to put a little more effort and detail into RP posts.

I didn't think I'd have to post another of these stupid messages...
sailorstar165
sailorstar165
Almighty Mod

Female
Number of posts : 6655
Quote : Yeah, I'm that awesome.
Registration date : 2008-07-10

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Humble Request from a Mod... Empty Re: Humble Request from a Mod...

Post by Gold Chocobo Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:02 pm

I agree with Sailor. I've noticed that a lot...more in the "Misc" forum if anything, but I have seen a few in the other sections. I agree 100% with her. Every once in a while One-Linears are fine, but it's hard to reply off of them most of the time. Keep this in mind. We don't want to have to do anything hasty.
Gold Chocobo
Gold Chocobo
Almighty Mod

Female
Number of posts : 4928
Quote : Dead inside, My heart and soul flatlines! Put your mouth on mine...and bring me back to life!
Registration date : 2009-10-12

http://setsuaiburninglove.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mycrimsonangel Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:02 pm

I kind of have to agree. One liners happen and all, but at least try to make an effort to add detail. Besides, the more detail, the better the story, and the more the other members have to go off of in their posts.
mycrimsonangel
mycrimsonangel
Role Player

Female
Number of posts : 860
Quote : Don't kill the cat.
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum