Your Role
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Courageous Heroes Engaged in a Skirmish for Salvation

Go down

Courageous Heroes Engaged in a Skirmish for Salvation Empty Courageous Heroes Engaged in a Skirmish for Salvation

Post by xTwilightxAngelx Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:40 pm

This is a short story that i entered into my school's literary magazine that they distribute on rare occasions called The Phoenix

it originally wasn't really a fan fic but i changed two names in this and so this is now a Code Geass fan fic

there's some clever innuendos and acronyms that i wanna see if anyone casn pick up on Wink
xTwilightxAngelx
xTwilightxAngelx
Almighty Mod

Male
Number of posts : 2633
Quote : After all, I'm just one Hell of a butler
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://twilightchaser417.deviantart.com/art/LOVELESS-Crisis-Core

Back to top Go down

Courageous Heroes Engaged in a Skirmish for Salvation Empty Re: Courageous Heroes Engaged in a Skirmish for Salvation

Post by xTwilightxAngelx Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:41 pm

Only sixteen warriors were called forth to battle to face the enemy in a battle of territory and the right to reign over all. Unfortunately, sixteen was all they could supply; 8 spearmen, two mace wielders, two horsemen, two mages, their king and his sorceress bride. Luckily for them, they were matched evenly in numbers against their foe. The shimmering light of victory was not out of reach. The sixteen warriors dressed in their brilliant, white battle armor, gathered into a circle and prayed to their god. “Please Almighty Lord,” their leader, Arthur, said as he bent down to one knee and his large, broad sword stuck in the ground. “Please guide us in this decisive battle and give us the knowledge to win this grueling duel.”

They lined up in two rows, all their spearmen in front for defense while their offence stood ready behind them. Their enemy, dressed in demonic, dark body armor, lined up similarly to them across the field of battle. Pompous as their enemy was, their leader, Mordred, was as bold as to call out across the field, “Go on, move. Make my day!”

Arthur glared at his egotistical enemy and called forth for a spearman to move forward. As their enemy started pushing their spearmen forward, the king organized his men on his right side to create an oblique formation to leave room between the mace wielder and him. Then the king and the mace wielder went and switched positions while remaining next to each other.

“You really are a fool.” Mordred called out as he had another spearman move forward, “Why would you move from your tightly guarded position?”

“The commander must move first if he wants his men to follow him,” Arthur declared proudly as he watched another of his enemy’s spearmen move. A thought then rang in Arthur’s head as if it came to him from his god, An opening. “Now Merlin!” he shouted to his mage that was directly in front of him. The mage drew his enchanted rapier and like a ray of light bursting through a thick cloud cover, moved at the speed of light across the field to the enemy’s opposite corner past all of the spear men in a staggered formation. He ran his blade through the black, armored mace wielder and took his position as his body now laid limp on the ground. As Mordred cursed at his lack of attention, their horseman tried to reposition himself to take the mage. However, before he could move arrange himself to strike, the mage had already retreated back to his defensive position in front of his noble leader.

The fight then raged on as Arthur called for his spearmen on the other side of the battle field to begin their advance forward. Their large shields were so wide that they could only strike those on either side of their shield. Arthur watched in dismay as some of his spearmen fell at the price of taking some of theirs out; however that finally made room for his offensive men to march forward.

Arthur called for his mace wielder to advance forward. “‘Bout time, milord.” He called back to him in a heavy accent. He ran forward with his spiked mace at the ready and swung it across his body at the large shield of the spearman in front of him. The unlucky solider had no time to move as the mace crashed through his shield and broke through his armor. The poor spearman fell mercilessly as the mace wielder stood over his punctured corpse and spat on the remains of his body.

Last edited by xTwilightxAngelx on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
xTwilightxAngelx
xTwilightxAngelx
Almighty Mod

Male

Back to top Go down

Courageous Heroes Engaged in a Skirmish for Salvation Empty Re: Courageous Heroes Engaged in a Skirmish for Salvation

Post by xTwilightxAngelx Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:42 pm

The battle continued to rage on with losses on both sides. Arthur and Mordred started to plan defensively and tactfully to attempt to minimize the casualties of their men. All the while Arthur was planning out his strategies, he kept a watchful eye on Mordred’s dark sorceress. Of all the warriors that he had to be careful of, his sorceress was the most powerful and agile fighter on their side, and she was the one that they had to strive to bring down.

As Arthur planned to take down the dark sorceress, one of the dark armored horsemen came into striking range of himself. “Cocky Heroes,” he declared maniacally to his enemies as he pointed his black lance in the direction of Arthur, “the End Calls to your King.” Arthur thought immediately to have Merlin kill the horseman but after quickly analyzed the situation, he understood Mordred’s ruthless plan. Not only did Mordred plan for his horseman to kill him, Mordred also had his other horseman and one of his mages in the waiting to kill off any one who would first strike the lancer. Milliseconds passed by like minutes as Arthur tried to find any way out of the situation; however, there was no way to get around this predicament without forfeiting the fight.

Arthur called for one of his spearmen to take out the horseman, but then the other horseman then swopped in and took out the defensive solider. Just like the last, the warrior called out, “Clever Heroes, but the End still Calls to your King.”

Merlin then drew his rapier again and called out, “For you my lord!” and he lunged towards the horseman and took him out. Sadly though, Mordred’s mage then charged in and ran his blade through Merlin. Choking on the blood now filling his lungs, Merlin looked over to his fearless leader and struggled to say to him, “May God… grant you… the strength… to… win…” The faithful mage then collapsed to the ground as the other mage looked down over him with malice.

“Well it looks like it’s time for me to fight.” Arthur’s sorceress bride said in a mystic voice as she drew her enchanted blade and magic scepter. She seemed to glide into range of the dark mage that took out Merlin. The mage looked over his shoulder at the light sorceress and retreated in fear of ending up like the mage at his feet.

At the same time, the dark sorceress moved out onto the battle field and readied her wand and blade as well. The warriors seemed to dance around each other as they came in and out of range of each other, avoiding at all costs sacrificing their beloved sorceresses and themselves.

Eventually, the dark sorceress was almost in range of Arthur when one of Arthur’s mace wielders stepped in striking range of her. “C’mon miss,” he said crudely as he swung his mace in circles, “te’ kin’ is this ‘ay.”

“I will not fall for such a blatant slaughter,” the dark sorceress retorted as she glided away from the opposing king. However, the more she retreated, the more she realized that there was no safe place for her to fall back to. “Th-that” The queen stuttered as she moved back as far as she could go, “was a…”
xTwilightxAngelx
xTwilightxAngelx
Almighty Mod

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xTwilightxAngelx Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:44 pm

At that moment, Arthur’s sorceress drifted up to the dark sorceress and held the point of her scepter up to the sorceress. “A trap,” The light sorceress finished for her as sparks of energy formed around the point of the scepter, “and you fell for it.” A bolt of brilliant lighting shot out, striking the dark sorceress and the witch disappeared in a cloud of dark smoke. Mordred’s eyes were frozen wide in horror as he watched the light sorceress slay his ace-in-the-hole. At this point, all the men Mordred had left was one mage and a few remaining spearmen; he had almost no offensive power left.

“Forward to Victory!” Arthur exclaimed as he drew his broad sword and pointed it heroically in the direction of the enemy. Mordred made a sad attempt to blitz through Arthur’s remaining defense but since Arthur still had both of his mace wielders, a mage, his sorceress and a few spearmen left, Mordred’s efforts were futile. Arthur’s men trampled through Mordred’s spearmen and his sorceress did away with Mordred’s last mage.

The warriors cornered the fleeting, dark king and Arthur closed in on him. Arthur drew his sword, held its sharp tip at Mordred’s neck and said, “Cowardly Heathen, the End has Come for you, King Mordred.”

Mordred dropped his sword and fell to his knees as he declared solemnly, “I surrender.”

Two voices then rang through the ears of both Arthur and Mordred. “Looks like I win again Suzaku,” the one voice said.

“I never seem to be able to beat you and that stupid opening strategy of yours, Lelouch,” the other voice said.

“Hey, I gotta go,” the first voice said again, “I’ll see you at the next chess club meeting.”

Arthur smiled to himself as he heard the satisfied tone of his God ring through his ears and thought to himself, We’re glad that we have pleased you, My Lord.
xTwilightxAngelx
xTwilightxAngelx
Almighty Mod

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down