Your Role
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Submit

3 posters

Go down

Submit Empty Submit

Post by Hanyou_Foxgirl Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:42 pm

I'm taking sora's advice and posting my story here. I really would love if whoever reads this would give me some constructive criticism, it's always welcome. And if you want to know what this is about, well then, you'll just have to read it, won't you?

Genre: Romance/Adventure

An original story

Prologue

Obey

"Are you ready, demon?”

The voice that had spoken belonged to a man, looking to be in his mid-thirties. His appearance was human and that fact alone was enough to send the creature he was speaking to into a fit of rage. The demon’s long, midnight-black hair appeared to be draped in shadows. It would have been beautiful, had it been better taken care of. Two small triangular shaped appendages were poking out of the side of his head, the only thing that marked him from the other demons, his ears. Seemingly iridescent silver eyes were trained in the direction of the human, though they were slightly out of focus. He was sitting on a small, unkempt bed that was placed indifferently into a corner of his containment cell. Nothing about the cell marked it as his. It was exactly like all of the others, as they were all built to hold the same, seemingly unfeeling creatures.

The demon stood, his calf muscles screaming in protest. They hadn’t had time to rest, from his last trial that the humans forced him to perform. He ignored the pain, slowly walking over towards the man, attempting to look as if he was not struggling. The chains that were fastened around his wrists were beginning to rub his skin raw and he knew that there was no point in having him wear shackles. The humans had no need for them, now that they had perfected the collars.

He resisted the urge to growl as he reached the one who had called him. If he did, he would only be punished, though the itch to resist the humans was strong. He didn’t want to be told what to do by creatures that were obviously inferior to him.

"Come on now, demon.”

He felt a foreign object press harshly against his naked back and the demon didn’t oppose the desire to threaten the human as he did before, letting a rough growl slide out of his mouth and baring his fangs at his trainer. Whether he had tried deliberately to press against the wounds that were made only hours earlier were unknown but the demon knew that he would not spare his pain.

The human simply smirked holding up the remote he had used to shove the creature, letting his finger hover over the single black button poking out of the center.

“Ah ah ah.” The man said softly, closing the door of the containment cell. The demon’s growling abruptly stopped, though he glared at the human through his eyelashes, cold platinum orbs fixated on his enemy. The trainer laughed at his behavior, pushing him along the hallway that they were walking down.

His breathing was labored, though he struggled to control it. He didn’t want his impudent trainer to think that he was weak.

“Now then. Let’s hope that this attempt goes better than last time’s, hmm?”

The demon didn’t respond, simply allowing his body to be pushed along, attempting to ignore the human’s ignorant sentences. It was much easier to obey if he just did what he was told without questioning or listening to their stupid words and meaningless commands.

He stumbled slightly, missing the first couple of steps to the doors that led down to outside. The trainer sneered at his clumsiness, shoving him so that he was unable to regain his balance. The demon clenched his fists, digging his nails deeply into his palms so he was able to focus on the pain, rather than think about the humans.

All of them were filth. They were all dirty creatures, undeserving to reside on the beautiful planet that they neglected and abused, as if it was not alive as well.

Last edited by Hanyou_Foxgirl on Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Role Player

Female
Number of posts : 1092
Quote : I'm a failure fakir and I"m proud of it!
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Submit Empty Re: Submit

Post by Hanyou_Foxgirl Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:45 pm

He looked up right before he was shoved into the familiar transport, the back of a specially built vehicle made to contain demons. There were three other demons already loaded inside, all of them silent, completely broken. They would never attempt to rebel against their ‘possessors’. Moreover, this demon felt that he was no different.

“Hopefully, KI87,” The human told him, using the name the trial facility had given him to distinguish him from the others. “Hopefully your new possessor won’t be as stupid as the last one was.”

The ebony-haired demon snarled at the man angrily, attempting to bury his claws into the tender flesh of his enemy’s chest.

The human pressed the button on the white remote, his smirk growing as he watched the demon crash to the floor of the transport against his will, unable to move. That was the power of the collars. He slammed the door shut as the vehicle began to drive to its destination.

As soon as the force around his neck wore off, KI87 sat up, ignoring the small rivulets of blood streaming down his palms. His senses barely registered the other demons staring at him blankly. His body was exhausted, and that ‘punishment’ was no help. He could barely stand, let alone fathom why the other demons were so interested in him. They were most likely trying to figure out how it was possible for him to have any spirit left. How could he possibly not be broken yet?

The demon himself did not know the answer to this question, but he knew that he had to be strong. He had to take down the humans, before all of them, their spirits became shattered.
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanyou_Foxgirl Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:50 pm

Slave

I should have been used to the whispers, the cruel stares and sometimes even fearful glances. I should have been used to them, but I couldn’t help but feeling pain, once the words hit my sensitive ears. It hurt to hear them whispering, talking about me, though I knew I shouldn’t care what they thought. They were only human, after all. My unusual features must have looked foreign to them but I was proud of what I was, or so I said. However I would never be able to convince myself that I was proud of what I stood for.

My ears were on the side of my head, which was, in a sense, socially acceptable to my kind, but they were covered in black fur and they looked more like the ears of a fox than the ears a normal demon usually bore.

I was not self-conscious. I always received this reaction whenever I walked into a room. Unfortunately, that alone didn’t change how it felt. The humans were all, had always been vile, filthy creatures.

That didn’t change the fact that one of them had called me beautiful, all those years ago. She was the only exception.

My glare hardened as I glowered at all the humans preparing to look us over. The transport had been taking us to the auction house, a building that had been constructed in this city shortly after the war ended. Right before they began enslaving my kind. I used the short drive to rest my exhausted body, so that I would be able to function properly, if the chance to escape arose.

Three other demons and I were lined up in a row, all of us instructed by the workers to stand straight upright, so that those monsters, the humans, were able to get a better look at us. With their filthy fingers, humans would poke me and prod me, attempting to discern whether I would make a good laborer or not. It made me feel as if I was no better than an animal, when in truth my kind was the closest thing to Homo sapiens that their disgusting species would ever find.

I was able to ignore most of their touches, mostly around my arms to determine whether I was strong, but I could still hear their ignorant, cruel whispers when they thought I wasn't listening.

‘That one is no good.

‘He’s too different. What’s wrong with him?’

‘Are those ear’s on his head?'

I clenched my teeth together, attempting to block out the sounds of their voices. I was so preoccupied that I failed to notice when another human walked over to me, seeming to be interested.

I glared at the female, attempting to look as menacing as possible.

However, when I looked at her face I froze. The thought’s that were racing through my head became indiscernible, what I was seeing could not be real. It was impossible. It felt as if my heart stopped beating and my eyes widened as I stared at the woman I thought I’d lost.

My hand reached for her involuntarily, almost touching her cheek.

“Scarlette . . . ?” My soft whisper made her gaze at me strangely; so many emotions in her olive green eyes . . . green? My hand froze in mid-air and she finally seemed to realize how close we were, inhaling sharply and scrambling away from me. Then the moment was over.

I wasn’t able to keep my eyes from softening for a fraction of a second, before I narrowed them dangerously.

I had been wrong.

This girl was not Scarlette. Her eyes were green and Scarlette’s eyes had been the clearest blue. Their scents were nothing alike and now I was noticing their differences.
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanyou_Foxgirl Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:53 pm

This girl’s hair was more of a chestnut brown color, while the hair on Scarlette’s head was crimson red. I lowered my hand, unable to keep myself from growling darkly at her.

“Pay no mind to that one.” Another human told the girl, patting her shoulder softly. “He’s only a half-breed. Not even tame, apparently, and definitely not worth the money.”

His words made me flinch and I snarled, snapping my teeth in his general direction. The human male squeaked in response, continuing quickly down the line of demons.

The girl who I had thought was Scarlette continued to stare at me, seemingly fascinated with something, before she turned and walked away quickly.

Good. I scared her off.

I glowered at another human who walked by, noticing how they seemed to just ignore me now. That was preferable. I would not allow myself to be bought like some piece of property. The last time had been an exception and not all humans were like Scarlette, my Scarlette.

My ears twitched involuntarily as I heard the workers at the auction announce that it was going to start. All the stray humans began wandering their way back to their seats; eager to place their bid on whichever demon they wanted to take home.

It made me sick. I still couldn’t get over what they had done, what they were doing. I was certain that if the demons had won the war, they would not have used such brutish methods against the humans. Nowadays it was commonplace for a family to own a few slaves. They called us, ‘useful’, because we could and would do anything we were told to do, be it menial chores, or something more. If we refused, we would be punished because of the collars we were forced to wear. With just one word, the human we were given to was able to send us into horrible fits of pain. Animals were treated with more respect and yet, no one was willing to speak up and say something. Though that was probably because the humans didn’t think they were doing anything wrong. It was like sitting on top of a horse and telling it to walk; it’s simply what was expected.

The auctioneer stepped up; grabbing the first demon by his elbow and leading him to the front of the small stage we were on, oblivious to his terror.

“Here we have a full-blooded wolf demon, in exceptional shape. His specialty is running and he’s extremely fast, though, as always his strength is incredible as well.”

He paused here in his small speech, grabbing the demon’s face with one hand and moving it from side to side so that everyone would be able to see him better.

“And as you can see, he is incredibly handsome.”

Outward appearances were exceptionally important to humans and if a demon was beautiful, they were sure to sell better than an ugly one.

“Let’s start the bidding at say . . . five-thousand dollars?”

Immediately hands began to rise and the auction began. I paid no mind to the process.

No one would even think of purchasing me. The last time was different. Things had changed now. I allowed my eyes to look over the crowd and felt the familiar feeling of disgust stir within me. Bitter hatred building up, watching them bidding and paying for my kind, like they were cattle. I wanted to . . . to kill them. I wanted to destroy them all. Earth would be a better place to be without the humans. I cracked my knuckles on one hand in anticipation, imagining my claws slicing through their frail, exposed flesh.

Then I found myself closing my eyes slowly, calming my body down and breathing evenly. That would be impossible. I would be stopped before I spilled even one drop of blood.

The sudden tug on my arm made me growl and I could hear the auctioneer whispering to me furiously,

“Come on demon.”

I allowed myself to be pulled to the front of the stage as the human began to tell them about me, tell them all they would ever want to know.
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanyou_Foxgirl Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:55 pm

“This fox is only a half demon, but he is very powerful. He’s quick on his feet, his claws can do some heavy damage and although he’s not much to look at,”

I frowned at this statement,

“He’s not very expensive either.”

I found this infuriating. I was too attractive, as far as demons went, I thought. My midnight-black, waist deep hair was a trait I received from my father. The unruly bangs that framed my face were most likely received from my mother and the thick bands of hair that I allowed to hang down behind my ears, in front of my chest was something I developed on my own. My eyes were hard to look at, the silver color making them something you needed to squint at to see clearly.

I forgot about my self-assessment for a moment, tuning my ears to the whispers of the audience. Most of them were similar.

‘This demon had better be extremely cheap.’

‘He’s not worth the money.’

‘Why is he so strange looking? I’ve never seen a demon with those color eyes before.’

‘He’s much too different, what would the neighbors think?’

I smirked slightly, covering my pain with amusement at their frightened and disgusted whispers.

“Let’s start the bidding at . . . one thousand dollars?’

The crowd murmured amongst themselves for a few moments, debating over the price the auctioneer had set. It was too expensive, too much for a mere half-breed. I could tell that he was beginning to get nervous. If he were unable to sell me, there would be hell to pay from the trial facility.

Good. Who was he to look at me and match a price, depending on how much he thought I was worth?

“Er . . . how about four hundred dollars?”

No one spoke; waiting for the minor role I played in this auction to be over, so they could get on to the ‘real’ demons.

I was almost sad that this had turned out so predictably.

Then something in the room changed. I heard it before I saw it, the surprised and confused whispers of the humans. When I looked up my face most likely mirrored something akin to horror.

Someone had raised his or her hand, accepting the bid. Someone wanted to purchase me. I searched through the crowd until I found their face.

It was she.

The girl I had thought was Scarlette was raising her hand. I couldn’t help the low growl that rumbled through my body.

“R-Really?” The auctioneer was speechless and it was a few moments before he caught his mistake. “I mean uh, going once, going twice, sold! To the pretty young lady in the fifth row.”

She nodded, acknowledging her purchase, and then looked at me. Confusion was covering her face, as if she wasn’t sure herself why she had done what she’d done.

My growling ceased to stop as I was led off the stage so that I could be prepared for my new ‘possessor.’

I tried to hard to make myself even more unappealing than I already was and yet . . . this . . . girl. That annoying little human ruined all of my plans.

After this time . . . if I could have just been given one more chance to resist . . . to not obey. I could have fought this time. I would be punished, yes, but at least I would have been able to find Scarlette. I knew where she was. She was where all the humans in the resistance were thrown. In the untamable division, with the other demons that resisted the punishments, who refused to obey, like my brother.
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanyou_Foxgirl Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:56 pm

I was certain she was still alive.

After I was led off of the stage, they took me into a small room. I was ordered to strip and when I was finished with that, I was given a bath. The best treatment I had ever received and it was all for the enjoyment of another ignorant human.

They scrubbed me, probably not trusting me to be left alone. My wounds were cleaned and it took some of the ache off my back and abdominal area. I didn’t enjoy being pampered by humans however.

Once the bath was finished, they washed and combed my hair, until it actually smelled nice again. Though I wasn’t self-conscious, I did enjoy having my hair washed for the first time in ages. They also gave a quick tune-up to my collar, so that it would be in perfect working order.

After the process, they removed my shackles so I was able to dress again, and even bandaged some of my wounds. I wore my normal clothes, which consisted of undergarments and black pants, with a torn, faded gray coat covering my torso. Though it only fell down to just above my navel, it worked as a shirt, though over my shoulders the twin tails of the coat, made of the same smooth material, hung down, tapering to a point falling just below the backs of my knees. The bandages I now wore covered my midriff, as well as a bandage that snaked up my right arm; visible above the arm coverings I bore on both arms. They served little purpose, the unshapely things that started at my elbow and fell to just below my knuckles, but they were a part of my outfit and I wasn’t about to get rid of them simply because they were virtually useless.

Finally, when I finished dressing they had me sit and wait for the auction to be over, so I could be brought before my new possessor.

I hated this.

This feeling that I couldn’t do anything, but sit back and wait for my fate to be sealed. If I were a ‘good little demon’, I would serve my possessor for decades before she either grew tired of me, or died.

I didn’t have decades.

Scarlette needed me now.

Nevertheless, until I could think of a plan, of a way to get to her, all I could do was obey my new possessor.

It barely registered when the workers came to get me, their hands grabbing at my arms and using unnecessary force to pull me to the front of the auction house. It didn’t surprise me that most of the humans were already gone.

She was waiting though. They did look very similar. Though, this girl’s hair was longer. She also possessed bangs –something that Scarlette never liked- divided into two parts at her hairline that reached her chin. I suppose she could have been described as beautiful. Her eyes seemed to be studying me, taking in my new, clean exterior.
I allowed my eyes to ghost over her form, only looking long enough to memorize her appearance. Then I turned away silently relishing in the feeling of the guards letting go of my arms. I kept them at my sides while the human paid the last of the fees and then she looked at me curiously.

“Just tell him to follow you.” One of the guards sneered. “He’ll obey. And if he doesn’t, just say the word that you picked to subdue him and after that he’ll listen fine.”
The girl nodded, walking a bit closer. I studied her out of my peripheral vision carefully. She almost seemed confused, as if she didn’t know what to do with me.

“Um . . . follow me.” She thought for a bit, before adding, “Please.”
The guards howled in laughter at her naivety, before opening the door for her as she prepared to walk out. She turned, beginning to leave. I hesitated. This would be sealing my fate. Forever doomed to be a lowly slave in a world where humans ruled.
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanyou_Foxgirl Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:59 pm

But what else could I do. I followed her small stride, keeping up with her easily. I stayed behind her however, preferring to look around. The market looked as it did the last time I had seen it, full of people and food and cheerful human faces.

It was like escaping one horrible situation and landing right into another one.

I glared at the ground, unsure of whether I should make a run for it or not. The girl didn’t seem to be too bright so . . .

I was so lost in thought that I almost ran into the human who I was now supposed to call master. I stopped, glaring down at her because of our height difference. Just because I was her slave didn’t mean that I had to be nice.

“My name is Sawyer, demon.”

I ignored her, standing still until I was told to do something.

“You can call me that I guess . . . ” She put a finger to her chin in thought. “What’s your name?”

I looked at her in shock. It was very unusual for a human to ask for their slave’s name. Usually they preferred to give them their own. It had been so long since I told anyone my name, let alone speak it aloud. My eyes darted away as I chose to ignore her question. This seemed to irritate her

“I said, what’s your name?”

I turned to the side, smelling something interesting from a stand across the street. It smelled like . . . noodles.

“GO DOWN!”

My eyes widened as I was slammed towards the ground at an alarmingly fast pace. I let out a grunt as I hit hard, sending up a cloud of dust around me. Passer Byers ignored us; most likely assuming this was just another disobedient demon.
I stood up, glaring at my possessor, growling a warning.

Go down?

That was what she chose?

Go down?

She smiled sheepishly at me.

“Um . . . sorry.

My growling ceased as I, looking at her with distaste, crossed my arms.

“Will you please tell me your name?”

I stared at her, frowning deeply. I sighed tugging at the end of my arm covering absentmindedly.

“My name . . . ”

I looked into my new possessors eyes, searching to see what kind of human she was. Though highly unusual, she had to be like all the others, right? They were all disgusting creatures, every one of them except her. Moreover, although I had to do what this human said, lest she punish me again, I would find a way to find her, to find my Scarlette.

“My name is . . . Kai.”

Last edited by Hanyou_Foxgirl on Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanyou_Foxgirl Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:00 pm

That's the end of the first chapter, but I was wondering . . . can anyone think of anything better for her to say than 'down boy'? I can't think of anything else appropriate . . . Originally this was a fanfiction, so I was gonna use 'sit', but, well, frankly, he's not Inuyasha, and that's copyright.
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xTwilightxAngelx Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:05 pm

heel?
sit down and stay down?

not sure
xTwilightxAngelx
xTwilightxAngelx
Almighty Mod

Male
Number of posts : 2633
Quote : After all, I'm just one Hell of a butler
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://twilightchaser417.deviantart.com/art/LOVELESS-Crisis-Core

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanyou_Foxgirl Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

well, thanks for the attempt. ^_^
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by love4Sora Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:27 pm

you can use "go down" like i always tell you.....XD ((that would amuse me))

and for the record, i'm reading it buddy, like i said i would. ^_^
so far it seems pretty good--this whole thing with "Scarlette" makes me wonder.
love4Sora
love4Sora
Creator

Female
Number of posts : 3094
Quote : Don't mock the Lion King. ~ Myself
Registration date : 2008-07-08

http://myanimelist.net/profile/love4Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanyou_Foxgirl Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:46 pm

yay! Sora buddy's reading mah story! I feel all special.

Possessor

His voice was beautiful. I don’t know what I had been expecting, but it certainly wasn’t the cold, baritone sound that escaped his parted lips. It was smooth like velvet. It surprised me I have to admit. When he began growling I didn’t know what to do; I’m still not sure how a possessor is supposed to treat their slave. I hadn’t meant to purchase him. It was a completely spontaneous decision, spurred by some unknown emotion.

Curiosity?

Maybe.

Pity?

Probably. It just didn’t seem fair that no one wanted him simply because he was . . . different. Frankly, I thought his ears were cute. Though my mother would be happy, the reason she had given me a check for three thousand dollars was so that I would be able to buy a slave for protection. Now it seemed I had a bit of money left over.

He looked at me expectantly, probable waiting for his next order. His platinum-colored eyes just stared at me, making me extremely nervous.
I turned, beginning to walk faster towards my small apartment. I could barely hear him following me, his silent footsteps hitting the ground one after the other.

It was a good thing that the town I lived in was small, or else not having a car would be a big problem. However, the town was only small because the trial facility and untamable division took up half of the land. Where I lived tended to be the busiest, as it was ‘demon central’. This was where half the people in the world came to get the best slaves. In other states, they were considered special. Here, they were, for the most part, common.

My apartment complex was right outside of the market and to the left, so the walk wasn’t too far. I could feel Kai’s complex silver eyes watching me from behind. It was slightly eerie.

What was I going to do with a slave? My current job didn’t pay well, so I wasn’t sure even how I was going to feed him.

I guess he could help buying groceries and going to the Laundromat. Chores would be easier as well but these seemed like such menial things.

What else did humans do with their slaves?

I could feel my face grow hot as I thought about what my friend did with hers.

My head shook back and forth furiously just as I saw my apartment complex come into view. I hurried up the steps, not even bothering to listen for my slave’s virtually silent footsteps behind me.

I waved the small key card that opened the door in front of the censor watching as the small light turned green. The door opened automatically and I stepped aside, allowing Kai to enter first.

He stepped inside cautiously, eyeing me with suspicion. I ignored this, walking inside as well and throwing my purse on the couch. My eyes glanced around my small, barely furbished apartment. I had just recently moved in, so I didn’t own as much furniture as I would have liked.

“This is my place.” I told him, gesturing around with my hands. I beckoned to him, showing my slave the rest. Really, two rooms and one bathroom was the extent of it. The kitchen and living room were connected. There was one extra room next to what was going to be Kai’s room. I was glad that I had finished painting; everything seemed to look livelier with the cheery light blue color that the walls were now.

Once my little tour was finish, I took him to what was going to have to be his room. I opened the door, turning around quickly so that I could watch his expression.

(authors note: and yes, that was in sawyer's point of view)
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanyou_Foxgirl Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:46 pm

It wasn’t a very big room, and it didn’t really even have a bed either, this was what I usually used as a guest room, so the only thing to sleep on was the mattress that pulled out of the sleep-away; it wasn’t very comfortable. The walls were painted a crimson red color in here. The only other furniture in the room was a small bookshelf and a dresser.

He didn’t seem to be interested, his facial expression remaining stoic. I sighed softly, letting my smile fall, before bringing it up again cheerfully.

“Well . . . you can stay in here if you want . . . I’m going to make dinner.”

I walked out, shutting the door behind me.

Mental note; call Kitty to learn how to treat a slave.

I shuffled into the kitchen, grabbing a bowl and a package of instant mac ‘n’ cheese.

Dinner.

My mind was currently running through all the scenarios of how things would change now that I owned a slave. I didn’t want to be a cruel possessor. Just because demons were different didn’t mean that they didn’t deserve some respect. I smiled in determination.

Maybe this would work out. Maybe Kai would even open up to me.

I looked over at his door. I wanted to ask him a question . . . but would it be rude?

How is it possible for a half-breed to exist . . . if it’s forbidden for humans and demons to be together?
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum